Best Business WordPress themes

Page Excerpt for Homepage Services Boxes

Home Support Guideline WordPress Theme Page Excerpt for Homepage Services Boxes

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zylothemes 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Clair Tomalin
    Participant

Hi – I am very new to WP and am using Pootle Pagebuilder to help me structure my pages.

I’m using Guideline Pro for my theme and have set up 4 service boxes under the slider as per the template. But, the boxes don’t pick up the page excerpt as per my settings in the Appearance -> Theme OPtions -> Sections. Instead the boxes cause all the page content of each of the linked pages to appear (layered).

I thought it was because the Pootle Pagebuilder does not use the standard content editor, and so Guideline Pro was unable to work out/select the excerpt text. I tested this with a test page using the standard editor, and I was correct – without the Pootle Pagebuilder Editor being used on the page, the text excerpt was selected successfully. BUT, I have created a nice looking website which my friend really likes and cannot recreate this without Pootle Pagebuilder.

To overcome this, I installed a ‘Page Excerpt’ PLUGIN which is similar to the standared Excerpt box which is available for posts, but this is specifically for pages (it’s the equivalent of “adding add_post_type_support( ‘page’, ‘excerpt’ );” into the functions.php file, but without actually doing this manually so I wasn’t affecting the theme’s coding).

I thought this would enable Guideline Pro to pick up exactly the text I wanted to display in the homepage service boxes, but it has made no difference at all – Guideline Pro doesn’t seem to realise the Excerpt box is there.

Can you help me so that Guideline Pro will pick up the text I have added to the Page Excerpt box (available because of the ‘page excerpt’ plugin)? I’m nearly going mad with this, as the service boxes were supposed to be a really quick way of doing exactly what I wanted 🙂

Thank you for any help you can offer.

zylothemes
    Keymaster

Hi Clair,

Thank for the posting on forums.
    Please send your website URL and WordPress admin login details at zylothemes@gmail.com

Then we will check and solved your issue ASAP.
    We will happy to help you.

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.