Choose a SEO Friendly

WordPress Themes

for Your Corporate Website!

Best Corporate WordPress themes

Page Excerpt for Homepage Services Boxes

Home Support Guideline WordPress Theme Page Excerpt for Homepage Services Boxes

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zylothemes 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Clair Tomalin
    Participant

Hi – I am very new to WP and am using Pootle Pagebuilder to help me structure my pages.

I’m using Guideline Pro for my theme and have set up 4 service boxes under the slider as per the template. But, the boxes don’t pick up the page excerpt as per my settings in the Appearance -> Theme OPtions -> Sections. Instead the boxes cause all the page content of each of the linked pages to appear (layered).

I thought it was because the Pootle Pagebuilder does not use the standard content editor, and so Guideline Pro was unable to work out/select the excerpt text. I tested this with a test page using the standard editor, and I was correct – without the Pootle Pagebuilder Editor being used on the page, the text excerpt was selected successfully. BUT, I have created a nice looking website which my friend really likes and cannot recreate this without Pootle Pagebuilder.

To overcome this, I installed a ‘Page Excerpt’ PLUGIN which is similar to the standared Excerpt box which is available for posts, but this is specifically for pages (it’s the equivalent of “adding add_post_type_support( ‘page’, ‘excerpt’ );” into the functions.php file, but without actually doing this manually so I wasn’t affecting the theme’s coding).

I thought this would enable Guideline Pro to pick up exactly the text I wanted to display in the homepage service boxes, but it has made no difference at all – Guideline Pro doesn’t seem to realise the Excerpt box is there.

Can you help me so that Guideline Pro will pick up the text I have added to the Page Excerpt box (available because of the ‘page excerpt’ plugin)? I’m nearly going mad with this, as the service boxes were supposed to be a really quick way of doing exactly what I wanted 🙂

Thank you for any help you can offer.

zylothemes
    Keymaster

Hi Clair,

Thank for the posting on forums.
    Please send your website URL and WordPress admin login details at zylothemes@gmail.com

Then we will check and solved your issue ASAP.
    We will happy to help you.

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.